Sometimes we want to savor the final moments of summer and there’s no better way to do that than with a cocktail! While we tend to want a cold, refreshing cocktail during the hot summer months, what about grabbing a warm, soothing cocktail during the cooler fall months? Scroll down so you can learn how to make 4 fall wine cocktails and get your delicious sipping started!
Transition into the colder months with a spice-forward, fall wine cocktail that’s sure to make the start of the holiday season memorable!
- Pumpkin Spice Wine Spritzer
- Rosewater Fizz
- Spiced Sangria
- Red Wine Hot Chocolate
The Most Important Part: The Wine
Sippd is your personal sommelier at home giving you personalized wine recommendations to 1,000s of wines while shopping online. We know wine can be intimidating and picking out 4 wines for these recipes may seem difficult but that’s where Sippd comes in to help. Our free Chrome extension uses AI to learn your taste and budget preferences as well as your overall likes and dislikes to provide you with the most accurate Taste Match scores to wines online.
Besides seeing your personal 1 to 100 Taste Match scores while exploring the world of wine online, you can also browse through trending wines from other Sippd users, shop Black-owned wineries, view the best wines that match with your wanted food pairing and more.
All 4 of these cocktails are wine-based, so let’s help you find the best bottles to use in your cocktail recipes! Each recipe calls for a different bottle of wine so to help you out, we’ve gone ahead and populated a perfect selection for each recipe making your job a little easier. Head to our I Just Love the Seasons: Autumn Edition deck within the Sippd extension to find our Fall Wine Cocktail curation that features the bottles that will best suit these fall cocktail recipes!
You can install Sippd for free on your desktop here! Visiting us on your phone? Create your profile here and we’ll tell you how to get started with us later. Go ahead and try Sippd out; now let’s start off with our first recipe.
Pumpkin Spice Wine Spritzer
We can’t have a fall cocktail without a little pumpkin and spice. This delicious pumpkin spice wine spritzer helps keep us refreshed and after the year we’ve all had, we definitely need it. This recipe is so easy and straightforward, you’ll be sipping in 5 minutes!
While the white wine sets a light and relaxing tone, the pumpkin spice liquor awakens our inner holiday cheer.
The following recipe only serves 1.
- 4 oz. white wine
Since your first step is to pick a bottle, hop over to your new Sippd extension and look through our Fall Wine Cocktails curation to find the perfect white wine for your spiced spritzer. A Taste Match score will be shown for each bottle, that way you know exactly which bottle to choose.
- 1 oz. pumpkin spice liquor
Replacing that pumpkin spice latte with some pumpkin spice liquor is peak 2020. This boozy drink just got a lot better.
- Seltzer for topping
Only pour the seltzer after you’ve poured the wine and liquor into your cup. The amount of seltzer you want to add is up to your personal preference.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Grab your favorite glass and put some ice in it, make sure your glass is 8 oz or larger to give enough space for all your liquids.
- Next, pour the wine and the pumpkin spice liquor into your glass.
- Stir well and then top it off with seltzer. The addition of the seltzer is completely up to you, whether you add a little or a lot make sure to sip some before you continue to add more.
- Pretend you’re Salt Bae and throw in that cinnamon stick with gusto.
- Now enjoy a fall-themed cocktail that would have cost you $20 if you were dining out!
Next, this bubbly wine-based cocktail will give you the summer vibes you crave with a hint of fall tastes. This chilled drink will take you back to your summer days relaxing by a pool, or enjoying a hot summer day. So let’s brighten your spirits this fall season with some bubbly.
- 1 750 ml bottle of sparkling rose, prosecco, or champagne (chilled)
Find the perfect bottle of sparkling by heading to Sippd’s free Chrome extension.
- 1 teaspoon rose water
While you may have heard about rose water for skin care, it’s also great for consumption! You can find rosewater in your grocery stores’ international food section or online.
- ½ cup grapefruit juice
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries for garnish
- Rose petals for garnish (optional)
This ingredient is completely for aesthetic purposes only. The rose petals won’t add any other flavor to your drink, but sure does make for a nice presentation!
- The first step is easy. Add your bottle of wine, rosewater, and grapefruit juice into a pitcher and stir.
- Always feel free to taste, and add more grapefruit juice or rose water. For any additions, always add little by little and taste.
- Pour your drink into individual glasses.
- Once you’ve perfected your drink, you can add raspberries or strawberries for garnish.
- Add some rose petals for garnish (optional).
- Savor your delicious fizzy sip.
Let’s get spicy! If you’re someone who likes more spice than sweet, you’ll love this twist on a classic recipe. While this recipe is a bit more time consuming, you’re bound to love it.
For the spice syrup
- ⅓ cups of water
- ⅓ cups of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole black peppercorns
Black peppercorns are the ungrinded version of black pepper. With that being said, it is possible to substitute your whole black peppercorns for grinded black pepper. For every 4 whole black peppercorns, use ⅛ teaspoon of ground pepper.
Black peppercorns have more flavor and heat than ground pepper, you may need to add more black pepper but remember “less is more.” Always taste before adding more to your drink.
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 whole star anise (optional)
For aesthetic purposes, some star anise will really help bring forward our fall drink.
For the sangria:
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 2 cups red wine
A dry red will be best for this recipe, so head back to Sippd to order the perfect bottle!
- Club soda
- Fruit – for garnish (orange, apple, pomegranate arils, and mint sprigs)
- Grab a small saucepan. Mix the sugar, water, and whole spices. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Let the syrup steep and cool to room temperature. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a small bowl, reserving the cinnamon stick. All other spices can be discarded.
- Combine the orange juice and red wine in a pitcher and top with club soda.
- Mix the spiced syrup into the pitcher.
- Cut up some slices of orange and apple. Garnish your delicious drink with fruit slices, pomegranate arils, and mint sprigs.
Red Wine Hot Chocolate
Hot chocolate is a cold-weather staple that never disappoints, so why not add some wine to it for a boozy version of a sweater weather classic?
- 1 ½ cup of dry red wine
Another dry bottle of red will work perfectly for our fourth and final recipe. Sippd will match you with the merlot, shiraz, and cabernet sauvignon that will best align with your personal palate.
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups whole milk or 2%
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Whisk the chocolate chips, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Add the milk and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally until it’s hot and smooth. Make sure the chocolate chips melt. This step should take about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the salt.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, and then add the wine and vanilla extract and stir together.
- Pour into individual cups. A pro-tip: top it off with marshmallows, whipped cream, or cinnamon sticks.
- Sip till you can’t sip no more.
Enjoy your Fall Wine Cocktails
You’ve now seen what Sippd has to offer. From our spot on wine recommendations to our delicious fall-inspired cocktails, we have a lot of love to give. Give these recipes a try, pair it with your favorite autumn foods and tag us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter @drinksippd. We would love to see how your fall-inspired sipping turned out!
If you loved these fall wine-inspired cocktails, make another! Learn How to Make Mulled Wine…after all, it’s a staple drink!
Remember to install Sippd and #GetSipping the right way. 🥂