The cool, autumn climate is finally here! You could make a spice-forward, steamy serving of mulled wine to sip by the fireplace (that recipe is here), or join us in enjoying a fresh, new take on a fall wine cocktail with this Ginger Wine Spritzer! It’s a little oaky, a little bubbly, and only 3-ingredients:
- Ginger Beer
- A lime
How to Select the Right Wine for the Recipe
Now you may be thinking, “So what type of Chardonnay should I use? Oaked, unoaked, a bottle from a certain region?” The answer is it depends on your preferences! Here are a couple quick tips to find the right bottle for your Ginger Wine Spritzer cocktail.
- Grab one of your current favorite Chardonnay’s. It’s a no-brainer, but if know you like the taste of a certain bottle you’ve had in the past, you’re likely to enjoy it when you mix up your ingredients.
- If you’re unsure about which Chardonnay’s you like, look at the bottles recommended to you on the Sippd app. Using your inputs to learn your unique taste profile, the app gives you personalized wine recommendations. The higher your personalized wine score (what we call “Taste Match”) is to 100%, the more likely you are to enjoy the wine
You can even filter your top matches based on wine style (like Chardonnay) and price point (for example, wines between $5-$20) to buy a wine that’s affordable to use in this recipe.
P.S. We’ve made it even simpler for you to find the best bottle of wine for your spritzer by creating an entire collection of Chardonnay’s under $20 in the Sippd app. Head to the Ginger Wine Spritzer card in the I Just Love the Seasons: Fall Edition collection in Sippd to see which bottles best match your preferences.
Make Your Wine Cocktail
This recipe makes one perfect serving for you to sit back and enjoy,
- Grab your favorite cocktail glass. We recommend a highball or white-wine glass, these usually have a bowl wide enough to accommodate all the ice you’ll put into your cocktail, but anything works!
- Add ½ a cup of Chardonnay to your glass
- Add ¼ a cup of ginger beer to your glass (pro-tip: you can switch this out with ginger ale if you want it to be a little sweeter)
- Squeeze half a lime into your glass
- Mix your ingredients with a stirring spoon and fill with ice
- Enjoy your wine spritzer!
If you want to get a little fancy with it, you can also garnish it with fresh ginger, rosemary sprigs, or a thinly sliced piece of orange.